About the talk
Break Up The Monolith: Testing Microservices - Mr. Marcus Merrell | Director of Technical Services at Sauce Labs, inc.
Microservices is more than a buzzword: it’s an industry-wide tidal wave. Companies are spending millions to break up monoliths and spin up microservices, but they usually only involve QA at the very end. This talk by Marcus Merrell centers around real-world experiences and will pose questions that attendees can ask their developers/product people, and offer solutions for teams to help make your service more discoverable, more testable, and easier to release. In this session, Marcus will cover:
- How micro is micro?
- Documentation & Contracts
- Versioning API Endpoints
- Cross-team communication/collaboration
- Definition of Done
- Feature Flagging
- Testing Pyramid
- When to Get Selenium Involved
- The Story of 13 Systems—The “Screenplay”
Attendees will leave this session with:
- A better understanding of testing microservices
- A host of questions to ask
- Ideas for how to get more involved in the development of microservices earlier in the project
Buy this talk
Buy this video
With ConferenceCast.tv, you get access to our library of the world's best conference talks.