About the talk
Overcome The Challenges and Limitations of Android App Automation With Espresso - Jagmit Singh | Senior Developer at Canadian Broadcasting Corporatio
One of the most popular automation tools for mobile apps - Appium - comes with challenges and limitations. Some of these challenges include the following:
- Tests take a long time to run
- No support for testing activities outside the app
- Test flakiness
- False positives/negative results
Jagmit Singh found that Appium challenges/limitations were resolved on switching over to Espresso Framework. Espresso UI test automation framework is Google’s de-facto testing platform for Android app developers. There are a few key motivators to use Espresso. First of all, Espresso tests are within the application and you can mock certain layers of app like a white-box testing. Also, Espresso has unique synchronization method in its core making the tests less flaky.
During this talk, Jagmit will demonstrate how to:
- Set up Espresso
- Develop/execute tests and identify elements
- Execute the Espresso tests in a Continuous Integration environment using Jenkins and Firebase
Buy this talk
Buy this video
With ConferenceCast.tv, you get access to our library of the world's best conference talks.