In her career at companies from large to small, Melissa Benua has worked in nearly every software development role—engineer, test, DevOps, and program management. She's created and run high-availability, high-quality services at Boeing and Microsoft on products such as Bing, Cortana, and Xbox One. Melissa discovered her love of massively-scaled systems while working on the Bing backend, where she honed the art of keeping highly-available complex systems up while undergoing massive code churn. Now a senior engineer and manager at the disruptive gaming startup PlayFab, Melissa isn’t afraid to mix traditional approaches with bold new ideas to make her products better, faster, and more reliable. She’s passionate not only about maximizing efficiency both in her product code and in her developer tools but also about sharing best practices among colleagues and the tech world at large!
Phil Merwin is a SDET in automation at CBT Nuggets with 20 years experience in QA automation frameworks, systems, and architecture.
Six 5-minute sessions that are selected on the basis of votes from other attendees.
1. How We Get Our Devs to Test and Contribute to Automation - Enrique Malta-Rodriguez
2. Manual Testing is Dead ... Not! - Melissa Benua
3. What's in a Name? (Using Sauce Metadata for Fun & Profit) - Dylan Lacey
4. Making Service Logs Useful for Debugging - Kyle Lutze
5. Nancy Drew & The Case of The Hidden Appium Bug - Daniel Paulus
6. Canary - Site Reliability Testing - Phil Merwin