About the talk
Selecting the right leader
- The ability to lead people does not come with the job.
- You can’t parachute someone who has no experience of leadership into a leadership role and expect them to succeed.
- Leaders have to be selected, educated, and trained to become leaders.
What underpins leadership – and therefore the ability to respond in a crisis?
- If morale is high, people lead themselves and they have the resilience to cope when things go wrong. Leaders have to build, maintain, and nurture good morale.
- Communication. Leadership needs the ability to connect with people, to communicate. Can only connect if you understand your people, their needs, their fears and can reassure them through the power of your personality that you have their interests at heart. EQ not IQ.
- Planning but don’t get fixated on the plan. Stay agile, stay adaptable. The more you understand, the greater the agility of decision-making.
- War-gaming/ Stress-testing. This is all about developing the intellectual muscle memory which kicks in when needed.
- Drills and standard operating procedures. Ensure that people take action quickly and, if necessary, without orders.
- Mission command. Trust the people on the ground to use their initiative –they must understand the intent and be crystal clear about what is to be achieved. And they must also have the resources and support.
- Keeping a reserve. If the reserve is committed, generate another one, however difficult and however small.
Conclusion. At the end of the day crisis management is about building resilience through planning, war-gaming, training, educating and keeping something in reserve. But it is always about leadership.
And next up we have searched sheriff who's a partner of them mentioned to Jay worldwide. He's going to talk about leadership in crisis, which again is not a pro name is subject to really focus on all my phone number what's going to happen next and how we plan something for the nausea talked about in terms of that the plans that they put in place for the company and focusing on the things of the wall safes that everybody is asking themselves. How do we deal with with now? And how do we do with the future? What will the future bring? I'm Richard.
Please go ahead and then. 106 rematch Special thank you very much and good morning to you all it's a pleasure to be with you today and particular thanks to get us switched our leadership in crisis because if anything has a spot like Shawn on it during the current crisis is leadership. And of course it's their ship a particularly strategic leadership, which is going to set the conditions for successful and budgets from this pandemic and indeed the potential economic collapse, but indeed Fuller not World presence of our experience on a partners for 10
MINEX Central and Eastern Europe, MINEX Western & Northern Europe, MINEX Southern Europe materials (3 June, 1 and 2 July 2020)
MINEX Central and Eastern Europe and MINEX Western & Northern Europe materials
MINEX Central and Eastern Europe and MINEX Southern Europe materials
MINEX Central and Eastern Europe materials
With ConferenceCast.tv, you get access to our library of the world's best conference talks.